Playtech is without a doubt one of the most well known gaming software providers. So any game that is released by them has to be high quality and Live Sette e Mezzo is no different!
Sette e Mezzo which is also known as Italian Blackjack is one of the most recent live dealer games by Playtech and it is not your classic live dealer game.
What kind of game is Live Sette e Mezzo
Sette e Mezzo is one of the most popular card games in Italy. The name of the game translates Seven and a Half in English (because the aim is to get to seven and a half without busting) and is also known as Italian Blackjack in the gambling industry.
The game has similarities to blackjack and baccarat. It is a card game that has elements from both these classic casino games. So if you like these two card games you will definitely like Sette e Mezzo.
How to Play Sette e Mezzo
Lets have a look at how you can play this game!
The cards deck
Before we go through the steps of how to play this game we need to clarify that this game is played with just one 40 card deck. This is not your traditional card deck and the cards are different to the standard cards we find in other card games. Also 8s, 9s and 10s are removed from the deck.
Sette e Mezzo is played with Neapolitan cards, a deck of 40 cards with 4 suits. Clubs, Swords, Coins and Cups.
Each of the suits has Aces, cards from 2 to 7, and picture cards called Jack, Cavalier and King. So if you are playing this game for the first time it might be wise to get familiar with these cards and their values
Ace is valued as 1, cards from 2 to 7 have the same face values. Jacks, Cavaliers and Kings value is a half. The only exception is the King of Coins which is a Wild card.
|Number Card 2–7||Face value|
|Face Cards (except King of Coins)||0.5 points|
How to play Sette e Mezzo Step by Step
- Place your main bet and any side bets if you want.
- The dealer deals two cards face up: One to you and one to the dealer
- You will receive additional cards automatically if:
- The King of Coins is your first card – you get one card
- The King of Coins is the dealer’s first card – you get one or more cards automatically until your score is 7 or more;
- Your score is lower than the dealer’s – you get one or more cards automatically until your score equals the dealer’s score or exceeds it;
- The Dealer’s first card is worth 5 points and your score ties – you will then receive one card automatically.
- The actual game round starts when you have 7 points or less, but your score is equal to the dealer’s score or exceeds it. You have the option to Hit or Stand.
- After you make your choice the live dealer draws additional cards. Dealer stands on a total of 5 or more points.
- Hand totals are compared, and you win if you have a better hand compared to the dealer’s hand.
|Main game payout||Pays|
|Sette e Mezzo Royal||3 to 2|
|Winning Hand||2 to 1|
|Tie on 5.5 or more points||Push|
|Tie on 5 points||Lose|
The theoretical percentage return to player (RTP) for Live Sette e Mezzo is 99.31% on the main game.
As we have already mentioned this game has 2 side bets. These are classic blackjack side bets that you can find in many other live dealer games just with a different name.
This is the classic Perfect Pairs (PP) side bet. You can bet that your first card and the dealer’s first card form a pair.
Mano di Poker
This is one is another blackjack classic side bet known as 21+3. You can bet that your first two cards and the dealer’s first card make a three-card poker hand.