Live Blackjack Online in UK Casinos
Blackjack is one of the most popular and most loved casino games around the world. All online UK live casinos offer live blackjack tables 24 hours a day 7 days a week and 365 days a year!
Why is this so important?
Because you can enjoy Live Blackjack from the comfort of your own home and if you have a Blackjack strategy then you have the ideal conditions to follow it.
You don’t need to be the MIT Blackjack team to win on live blackjack! If you are not a newbie, you will definitely know by now that you can reduce the casino house edge by applying basic blackjack strategy.
Best UK Live Casinos provides you a list with the best live casinos that you can play Live Blackjack Online in a UK casino.
Best Online Blackjack Sites
We are only listing UK casinos that:
Most online casinos have a number of different live blackjack dealers, male or female and a number of different tables and limits that you can play at.
You can chat with the live dealers and other players during Live Blackjack Online at all UK live casinos online as long as the language that is used is appropriate.
BEST UK CASINOS FOR Live BLACKJACK
If you are looking for the best live casino that you can play live blackjack then below you can find the sites that we have reviewed.
Genting Live Casino
- Bonuses and Features
- EXCLUSIVE Welcome Bonus 100% up to £200
20 free spins on Dreamcatcher
Dual Play Roulette from Manchester and Birmingham Genting Casinos
- Key T&C's
Karamba Live Casino
- Cool Features
- EXCLUSIVE Welcome Bonus 200% up to £500
Regular Casino Bonuses
- Key T&C's
- Blackjack Tables
- VIP Blackjack
Mansion Live Casino
- Cool Features
- Welcome Bonus 100% up to £200
Daily/Weekly and Monthly Casino Promotions
- Key T&C's
- Blackjack Tables
- Unlimited Blackjack
Every UK online casino has a live casino lobby where players can find all the available tables from all the casino games.
There, players can choose their live blackjack table depending on their preferences of minimum/maximum stakes, the type of blackjack game and their preferred live dealer.
The layout of the live casino lobby depends on which live casino provider the online casino is using to offer these games. Majority of UK live casinos have live casino games from Playtech or Evolution Gaming.
This is why we find similar live blackjack lobby layouts in different online casinos. Below you can also see an example from an Evolution Gaming live blackjack lobby
Regardless of where you choose to play blackjack, all live blackjack lobby’s have similar layouts as you can see the table limits, if the table is full, if you can bet behind and even have a preview of the live dealers of all the tables.
Let’s have a look at a couple of varieties of live blackjack games that we can find in some online casinos.
Some live casinos offer blackjack surrender which means that the player a chance to fold their hand, and forfeit half of their bet.
This is not a blackjack table that we find on many UK live casinos online but there are still some blackjack sites that offer this variation.
There are two surrender options:
- Early surrender where the player can surrender their hand early in the game if the dealer has an ace.
- Late surrender where the payer can surrender their hand later on in the game after the dealer has checked for a Blackjack and before they get drawn the third card
Unlimited Blackjack allows you to play Blackjack against a Live Dealer regardless of how many people are at the table.
There’s no limit to how many people can play the same box with everyone able to make their own choice on whether to hit or stand.
Take your seat and begin earning your comp points now.
Most UK live casinos have blackjack tables with limits from £1 to £10,000. Of course there are exceptions and there will be some VIP blackjack tables that have higher limits for high rollers. These are usually allowed by request and are not displayed on the table.
There is also a blackjack table called Blackjack Party that has a minimum bet of £0.50 when you bet behind. This table can be found in UK casinos that are powered by Evolution Gaming like Betway UK and William Hill Live Casino.
All the above blackjack table limits are seated player opening bet limits. You need to bear in mind that side bet & bet behind limits may be lower.
It is always advisable to play with limits that suit your bankroll. So if your bankroll is £50, then it makes more sense to play on a blackjack table that minimum bet is £1-£2 rather than a £10 minimum bet table. That way you can play more hands and enjoy the game for more time.
But this always depends on the players personal style and it’s up to the individual to decide if they want to play with high risk or low risk.
These two blackjack side games are perfect for casino players that want to add some extra action to their game play. Perfect Pairs and 21+ are quite straight forward bets.
With perfect pairs also known as PP, the player wins if the first two cards dealt to a the player are a pair. Perfect Pair pays 30 to 1 ( i.e both clubs), Coloured Pair pays 10 to 1 – Mixed Pair pays 5 to 1
The 21+ side bet is also based on the players first two cards and the dealer’s face card. If the combination of these cards is a straight, a flush, a straight flush, or a three of a kind, then the players wins. All wins pay 9 to 1.
Blackjack is a casino game that strategy can play a significant role in reducing the house edge if applied properly. A lot of blackjack players play with a specific strategy, following a specific pattern of when to hit, stand, split or double while others are just following some basic blackjack tips.
Like every other casino game there is no magic formula for winning but there are ways to increase our chances.
A very common strategy (which casinos hate) that is harder to apply in our days especially online, is card counting. If you haven’t heard about card counting then you can check what the MIT team did in the past to get a good understanding of that powerful blackjack strategy.
Very briefly, players can count card values and bet more when they have an advantage over the house.
Sounds awesome right?
Well that’s what you could do in the past but not so easy anymore…
This strategy is harder to apply in our days because most casinos and especially online casino are changing the card decks very often. This leaves blackjack players with a very short window of time to apply the strategy.
However, it not all bad news because as we mentioned already there are ways where players can reduce the house edge to the minimum and achieve long term success if they are disciplined 🙂
One of the basic things blackjack players need to be aware when playing live dealer blackjack is to choose the right table.
The right table depends on the payers bankroll and preferences. For example if someone has a bankroll of £100, it makes more sense to sit on a table with min bet of £1-2 so they can play more hands.
Live casinos have a number of blackjack tables with live dealers and these tables might have different rules or side bets. Below are the main ones that you can find in UK live casinos:
- 10 card charlie: players win if they draw 10 cards unless the dealer has a Blackjack
- double 9-11: players can only double down on their first two cards with a value of 9, 10 or 11
- double any 2: players can double down on any first 2 card combination
- hit split Aces: players can hit/draw cards to their split aces, rather than receiving only 1 card
- re-split: players can split a hand that they have already split
- surrender: players can fold their hand before taking any action and forfeit half of the original bet (see more details below)
- side bets: in addition to standard blackjack bets, optional side bets are offered like Pairs and 21+3
- bet behind: you are able to bet behind another player that has already a seat
Players will need to make sure that the table they are playing is for simple version of blackjack, and not another of the many kinds of table games that casinos offer. Look on the table for the phrase “Blackjack pays 3 to 2″ to make sure you are playing classic blackjack.
For experienced blackjack players the below section might seem a bit boring and very basic.
For new or even not very experienced blackjack players thought, there is a lot of useful information that they can learn and take on board to improve their game play.
Basic live casino blackjack information like rules, value of cards, blackjack tables, different dealing styles, blackjack strategy, varieties of blackjack and a lot more are explained with references to pages that provide more in depth analysis.
Lets start with the basics!
Basic Blackjack Rules
- The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer’s hand without going over 21
- Each player starts with two cards while one of the dealer’s cards is hidden until the end
- When a player chooses to ‘Hit’ he is asking for another card. When a player chooses to ‘Stand’ he is holding the total of the cards he has
- If you go over 21 you bust, and the dealer wins regardless of the dealer’s hand
- If you are dealt 21 from the first two cards you get dealt (Ace & 10), you got a blackjack which means you win 1.5 the amount of your bet * this depends on the blackjack table)
- Dealer will hit until his/her cards total 17 or higher
- Players will also get an option to double sometimes which is like a hit, only the bet is doubled and you only get one more card
- Players can also get the option to split sometimes when they have two of the same card – the pair is split into two hands. Splitting also doubles the bet, because each new hand is worth the original bet
Value of the Cards
In live blackjack, the cards are valued the same way as normal blackjack as follows:
- An Ace can count as either 1 or 11, as explained below.
- The cards from 2 through 9 are valued at their face value.
- The 10, Jack, Queen, and King are all valued at 10