Live Dealer Baccarat Games, Tables and the Best Casinos
Live Dealer Baccarat is a very popular casino game, probably the most popular one after roulette and blackjack.
It is extremely popular in Macau and is considered as the High Rollers game.
In the last few years a lot of online casinos have added more tables and variations of Baccarat with live dealers online like progressive baccarat, lightning baccarat and baccarat squeeze to name a few.
These tables have increase the popularity of the game even more and Live Baccarat is now considered as a top live casino game.
Baccarat, is spelled baccara outside Great Britain and the United States according to Encyclopedia Britannica.
Here at Best UK Live Casinos we present you a list with the UK Casinos that:
- Are best for live baccarat and offer many tables and game variations
- Have great bonuses for live baccarat
- Have a great reputation and are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission
Best Live Dealer Baccarat Casinos
Here are the online casinos that we have shortlisted for online baccarat. These casinos have a great range of baccarat tables with different table limits as well to suit all types of players.
The main reasons that make Live Dealer Baccarat so popular are:
- The low house edge which starts at around 1.06%
- The fact that it is a really simple casino game
- The fact that it is a very fast paced that someone can enjoy without having to think a lot about strategies, odds etc.
There are 3 types of Baccarat that you can play today.
- Punto banco which is also known as North American baccarat. This is the most popular variant and is the one that we can find in live casinos online.
- Baccarat chemin de fer .
- Baccarat banque which is also known as à deux tableaux.
Live Dealer Bacccarat Games
Today, casino players can find a few different live baccarat tables. These different styles/types of baccarat follow the same universal Punto Banco rules. Punto Banco is the baccarat type that live casinos have. However these tables have different themes, features (like multipliers ) and some slightly different payouts as a result of the different features.
- Live Baccarat Squeeze and Conrolled Squeeze: Live Baccarat Squeeze is the exact same game as the usual live baccarat with the added feature thathe live deler will squeeze one of the cards. If more chips are on a Banker win…Banker cards will be squeezed, and visa versa. It is a bit slower than the normal live dealer baccarat because of the squeeze but is a very popular version of the game. Live Baccarat Controlled Squeeze is very similar to the baccarat squeeze tables with the difference that players can take control the card squeeze themselves! This is a truly Macau-like VIP gaming experience that puts the unique thrill of the squeeze at the players’ fingertips.
- Mini Live Baccarat: Some live casinos offer Mini Live Baccarat which is exactly the same game as Standard Baccarat. The actual table layout is slightly simplified and is presented as single play instead of the seven seater/bet boxes that we find at the standard baccarat game. The rules of the game are exactly the same as the Standard Baccarat. This variant has also some side bets called Egalite Extra allowing you to bet that the Player and Banker hands form a specific tie with an equal score. A great choice for players that want to have the one to one experience.
- Progressive Baccarat. This is the standard baccarat game with the optional side bet that gives you a buy-in to the progressive jackpot, or other amounts according to a payout table. In order to win the Jackpot you need to be dealt a particular Tie.
|Player suited Ace+8, Banker matches||Progressive Jackpot|
|Player suited Ace+8, Banker suited Ace+8||10000 x side bet|
|Player & Banker Ace+8||1000 x side bet|
|Natural 9||25 x side bet|
|Natural 8||20 x side bet|
|Natural 7||15 x side bet|
|Natural 6||10 x side bet|
- Lightning Baccarat: This is one of the latest versions of live baccarat and a version that you can’t find in land based casinos as it is an exclusive Evolution creation for online gaming. Lightning Baccarat is a classic baccarat table with the addition of up to 5 multipliers on every round. The card multipliers vary from 2x to 8x. In exchange for the enhanced payouts with the multipliers, players have to pay a 20% commission on their bets. One of our favourite tables.
- Dragon Tiger: This is a fast paced 2 card Baccarat variant with betting rounds every 25 seconds. It is a traditional bacccarat game that we can find in many casinos. Most online casinos will have a Dragon Tiger table as both Evolution and Playtech offer their own verions of the game. The theme of this baccarat game is obviouslly Dragon and Tiger and it is a very popular choice for Baccarat players around the world.
If you are not familiar on how to play baccarat then you can check our baccarat for beginners page.
Live Dealer Baccarat House Edge
The table below shows the calculated house edge for live baccarat when the cards are dealt from an 8 deck shoe.
|Bet||Casino House Edge|
What is quite obvious from the above house edge table is that betting on the tie has the highest house edge.
Some baccarat players avoid betting on the tie because of this very high house edge.
Live Baccarat Side Bets
Like every other casino game, live dealer baccarat tables have a number of side bets that players can bet on. Let’s have a look at the most common ones.
Baccarat Pair or Lucky Pairs
This is a very common side bet that you can find on most UK casinos that offer live baccarat tables.
It is a side bet that may be placed on the possibility that the first 2 cards that are dealt to the Player and/or the Banker are a pair.
There are different kinds of pairs side bets that you can find in UK Live Casinos with the most common been Banker or Player Pair with a payout of 11/1.
On the table below you can see all the baccarat side bets and the payouts
For those of you that are not very familiar with the game here is some live baccarat online terminology which is actually the same when you play at a land based casino. Some of the terminology derives from Italian and French words due to the history of the game.
Baccarat means zero and is the worst hand on this game
Banco means Banker
Translates literally to player banker. Punto Banco is the most widely seen version of baccarat
Chemin de Fer
This is a European Baccarat variation which is rarely seen especially online, however it is where one player is the bank, deals the cards and takes the bets
French word for a round of Baccarat
One of the three possible bets on a standard baccarat table. Pays off 1 to 1 minus 5% banker commission. The house edge is just over 1%
One of the three possible baccarat bets. Pays of at 1 to 1 and has a house advantage of just over 1%. Player is the opposite bet to banker
One of the three possible outcomes of a baccarat coup. The tie bet has the highest pay off at 8 to 1 but also comes with the highest house advantage of just under 15%
5% ‘fee’ that the house takes on winning bank bets
A popular version of baccarat where the dealer deals all of the cards. Mini baccarat tables tend to be the main game in live casinos
A hand count of eight or nine from the first two cards dealt to a hand
A side bet that is sometimes offers that gives you the opportunity to bet on a series of hands. For example you could bet on five banker hands in a row
A natural totaling nine which is the best hand in Baccarat
A natural totaling eight (The little one, French)
A bet against the bank.