Free Bet Blackjack is a live blackjack game by Evolution Gaming. If you are a blackjack player then you will love this version of the game because it is new and it is slightly different compared to the classic blackjack tables.
What is Free Bet Blackjack
In a nutshell, Live Free Bet Blackjack is a classic blackjack table with the additional advantage of Free Double Down and Free Split Bets on qualifying hands.
The only downside is that if the dealer busts with 22 then all winning bets are pushed, which is the price you pay for having the additional features.
Free Bet Blackjack is not a new casino game and is already very popular in some land-based casinos. It was originally created back in 2012 by the game creator Geoff Hall who is also the creator of Blackjack Switch.
How to play Free Bet Blackjack
The basic rules of the game are the same as in any other live dealer blackjack table. But, there are some differences that make this blackjack variant even more interesting.
Three major rule changes
The main rule changes on this game have to do with Double Up, Split and the Dealer going bust.
- Players get “Free Doubles” on two-card totals of 9, 10, or 11. Other doubles are still allowed on two-card hands but wont qualify for a “Free Bet”. When the player qualifies for a “free double,” the original bet is matched with a “free bet” and the player receives one additional card. At the end of the hand:
- If the dealer has the winning hand then the player loses the original bet.
- If the hand results in a push, the player gets back his original the.
- If the player wins, the player gets paid his original bet plus winnings equal to double that bet as .
- Players get “Free Splits” on all pairs except 10’s. When the payer qualifies for a “free split,” the two cards are divided like a normal split. One part has the original bet and the other part has the qualifies free bet. At this stage the player is also entitled to another “free double” or “free split” on both hands.
- Dealer pushes on 22. If the dealer busts with 22, then the player’s bet on a winning hand is a push.
As you can see there are a few things that you need to be aware of if you want to play this game, however, the aim of the game is still the same! Get a better hand compared to the live dealer!
Free Bet Blackjack has four optional side bets. These are classic side bets that we can find in many blackjack tables and include:
- Any Pair. One of the most classic side bets in Blackjack. You win if the first 2 cards that are dealt to you are a pair.
- 21+3. Another classic one. Your first 2 cards and the dealer’s card have to make a combination of suited trips to a flush to win.
- Hot 3. This is a relatively new side bet. Similarly to 21+3, your first 2 cards and the dealers face card are in play. You win with a total of 19 and above with odds starting from 1 to 1 for a total of 19 and go all the way to 100 to 1 for a 7-7-7 combination.
- Bust It. This side bet pays out increasing amounts if the dealer busts with a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8-card hand.
Read more about blackjack side bets and payouts .
Free Bet Blackjack Casinos
Below you can find the some of the best casinos that you can play free bet blackjack online.
Obviously, there are plenty more online casinos that offer this game. However, we are shortlisting the top ones for you so you don’t have to do any more research. All the casinos we are listing on our site and that we are shortlisting for games have passed our checks and are all licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
Free Bet Blackjack Strategy
A lot of blackjack players use a basic strategy when they play the game in order to minimise the casino house edge. This is not very difficult to do as there are plenty of blackjack charts online that tell you exactly when to hit and when to stand, but you can learn this over time anyway.
You might be wondering if you can apply the standard blackjack strategy on the Free Bet Blackjack table. The answer is yes. Despite the fact that your hand is pushed if the dealer busts with 22, your decision making to hit or stand are not affected by that.
Of course, the argument is that the strategy is based that the dealer will go bust sometimes and you will win. Yes, the blackjack dealer will go bust with 22 sometimes but there will also be times that they will go bust with 23,24 etc. Also, the worst-case scenario, if the dealer goes bust with 22, is that you get your money back. So overall, it doesn’t affect your strategy.
Frequently Asked Questions about this game
No, the game is called Free Bet Blackjack because it has the extra features of Free Splits and Free Double Down.
No. The rules of standard blackjack apply to Free Bet Blackjack. The only thing that is different is that your bet will be pushed if the dealer busts with 22.