Set up under the Gambling act of 2005, The UK Gambling Commission is mandated to regulate all commercial gambling activities in Great Britain. The gambling commission is also responsible for the licensing and regulation of the National Lottery in accordance with the National lottery act 1993. The Commission works in conjunction with licensing authorities to achieve its mandate.
On November 1st 2014, the Gambling (licensing and advertising) act 2014 became effective. This means that any operator wanting to transact with or advertise to the public in the UK has to obtain a license from the UK Gambling Commission.
bestuklivecasinos.co.uk is only advertising and recommending operators with a licence under the 2014 act. bet365 live casino, William Hill live casino and many more online casinos that we are listing on our site are all fully licenced by the UK Gambling Commission.
The Gambling Commission is an independent non-departmental public body (NDPB) funded by the Department of Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) and by the National Lottery Distribution Fund through a grant. This independent nature allows the commission carries out its work without any form of business. To efficiently manage its affairs, the Gambling commission relies on a workforce of over 250 employees based at their offices and about 40 more employees that are home-based spread all over Great Britain.
5 Main Functions of the Gambling Commission
1. The Gambling Commission employs a risk-based approach in monitoring issues and operators that pose a threat of going against the licensing objectives. This is done in an accountable and transparent manner upholding the highest standards of integrity
2. The commission ensures that all commercial gambling operators with a license comply with the rules and regulations as stipulated by the Gambling Act and adhere to License conditions and codes of practice (LCCP). They also closely monitor the National Lottery Operator ensuring that all the relevant conditions are complied with and urge the operator to put up as much money as possible towards charity
3. All unauthorized gambling operators are brought to book by the Gambling Commission in conjunction with the police. The UK Gambling Commission also ensures that all sports-related wagers are corruption-free. Offences like match-fixing are keenly investigated by the Commission.
4. In a bid to foster a good working relationship with gambling operators, the Gambling Commission makes regular publications of interpretation of relevant legislations. This coupled with regular communications between the Commission and the gambling operators makes enforcing legislations seem like a walk in the park for the Gambling Commission
5. The UK Gambling Commission advises the government on relevant issues like coming up with appropriate policies concerning gambling. They offer their advice based on the solid information collected from the field. The Commission also works in close relation with the various licensing authorities, the police and HM Revenue and customs providing them with relevant intelligence gathered.
Generally, the UK Gambling Commission works to keep gambling safe and fair for all. The Commission does this by licensing gambling operators and ensuring that gambling is fair and open, crime-free and that vulnerable underage children are protected from gambling activities. They also ensure that the returns to the National Lottery operator are put to good use.
My name is Yannis and I am also known as Mr Live Casinos in the iGaming industry. I have been playing casino games for more than 15 years and I have been writting about casino games for more than 10. I have worked in a some of the biggest online bookmakers and online casinos in the UK.